Saturday, January 13, 2018

...Chapter 1...

The mail finally came today. And to my surprise there was a letter for me!!! I gently unwrapped the small envelope.Before I could reach my hand in, something fell out.Double surprise!It was a perfectly flat $100 dollar bill! This must mean....
 I WON THE JUNIOR WRITING CONTEST!!!
I started jumping up and down. I knew this was not a dream it was real because I was staring down at a real $100 dollar bill and a real invitation for a lunch with my real favorite author. 
Finally I stopped jumping up and down and picked out the letter. 
It reads:
Dear Devin Delling,
 Your outstanding submitted essay has won the Junior Writing Contest of 2017.
Along with your $100 you have won a free pass to meet with a famous author.
You will soon receive a card with all of the authors you can pick from.
But choose quickly and carefully because your card expires on Jan 1, 2018
at 12:00 pm.
Thank you for a wonderful piece of hard work

Signed,
America's Small Writing Association.
Behind the letter was a small blank card. It reads:

By the way, 3 plane tickets are included

I flipped the small card over and spotted 10 of my favorite authors.
Now I have a question. Which one?


No comments:

Post a Comment