Sunday, January 14, 2018

...Chapter 2...


I stared down at the card. I studied each author's face. Kenzie Tyson, J.J Scotts,Gracie Winters, Miles Duke, A. Art, Molly Jake, C.C, Matty Pat, Emily Carson, and last Kiki Micks.
I quickly scrambled around looking for a piece of paper. Once I found a piece I wrote down all the names.

Kenzie Tyson 
J.J Scotts
Gracie Winters
Miles Duke
A. Art
Georgia Jake
C.C Jackson
Matty Pat
Emily Carson
Kiki Micks

I noticed that I did not want to spend a day with a boy author. None of them were actually my favorite. The problem was the girls on the card were my all time favorites! And there were 6 to choose from! Finally I decided I would not be taking selfies with A. Art. I slowly crossed her off the list. There was no way I was crossing anyone else off the list. But I had to.
I stared at the list for a few more seconds and decided I really wanted to meet Kiki Micks. She was the author of When the Days are Dry. My favorite book, almost ever!

But, I was shocked a second later when my phone buzzed. I couldn't believe what it said.
Dear Junior Writer's
I am disappointed to tell you
 that Kiki Micks is not part of our program anymore
Arron Baker will take her place.
Thank you Arron Baker
Junior Writers thank you for understanding
 
Signed, 
The small Writing Association

I sighed, then crossed Kiki off the list. I didn't even know who Arron Baker is. I'll make sure to look him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment